Health is fun and important ;)

Epilepsy, a short-circuit of the brain

Epilepsy is caused by a malfunctioning electrical circuits in the brain. The crisis caused by overheating such cases tetany spectacular or simple absences. Very often, the cause of the crisis remains unknown.

For years, people with epilepsy were treated as lepers. It was thought that the person with the disease was simply possessed by the devil. Over the centuries, the disease is becoming better known, attitudes have changed. Today, most people with epilepsy are treated effectively to limit the size and frequency of attacks.

Epilepsy is a neurological disease fairly common (450 000 people suffering in France). This disease is caused by abnormal operation, acute and transient electrical activity in the brain. This defect in the electrical circuit resulting in seizures, which can take several forms depending on the patient's age mainly.

If the disease in children most often takes the form of simple absences in adults: the crisis is much more visible and spectacular (so-called tonic-clonic crisis). It leads to tetany (stiffness) of the body as well as seizures, loss of consciousness, tongue biting, an inability to resist s'uriner above, a cessation of breathing ... The crisis usually lasts a few seconds to several minutes. She goes off by itself without specific treatment. The diagnosis of epilepsy can not be made at the first crisis. A person is considered after repeated epileptic seizures during a certain time of life.

The causes of epilepsy are difficult to find. In about 40% of cases, epilepsy is caused by a brain lesion (congenital malformation, encephalitis, sequelae of pain at birth, head injury, stroke, tumors ...). In 5-10% of cases, the crisis is genetic. The mass consumption of certain video games can also lead to cause seizures. In the vast majority of cases the cause can not be formally identified. For diagnosis, neurologists or neuro-paediatricians, specialists in epilepsy have used a whole battery of additional tests. The first review is an electroencephalogram (EEG) which measures the electrical activity of the brain. When an abnormality is found, the patient may have to take a scan or an MRI to investigate a possible tumor or brain malformation.

Health is important - The treatment of epilepsy

Current treatments of epilepsy are in most cases effective, since they reduce very significantly the abnormal electrical brain hyperactivity. These treatments are primarily drug and should be taken for long runs without crash. In 80% of cases the treatments are completely eliminate the seizures but the risk of relapse remain significant after stopping treatment. The remaining 20% ​​are forms of diseases called drug-resistant epilepsy. Seizures persist despite all attempts at drug treatment. In 5-6% of drug-resistant epilepsy, the chance of a surgical procedure that involves removing the area responsible for the electrical discharge can be attempted.
Rabies  virus is an oblong shape, present in the saliva of infected mammals, the virus is spread by direct contact with the infected animal's saliva, blood of another animal - as if a healthy animal is bitten by a sick animal, the virus is spread very easily . The incubation period of rabies is variable and can generally take between two and eight weeks but the virus is present in the saliva of infected animals approximately 10-14 days before the first clinical signs appear. Thus, the infected animal can transmit the virus being apparently healthy.
Moles are known to be small pigmented skin growths. In fact, these skin moles are benign and are usually several ways: nevi are circumscribed skin deformities of embryonic origin or evolutionary occur at any age but most commonly in young, and evolve slowly. There nevi tuberous form of skin with a surface elevation of the plan as a grain of raspberry or berry.
Primary Lymphedema.
In primary lymphedema, patients have a congenital defect of the lymphatic system, so installation is specific to the type of history lymphedema. Primary lymphedema is common "Association with other anomalies and genetic defects, such as yellow nail syndrome, Turner syndrome, Noonan syndrome, xantomatoxa, hemangioma, neurofibromatosis type 1, Klinefelter syndrome, congenital absence of nails, trisomy 21, 13 and 18.
Melanoma is a form of skin cancer that originates in pigment producing cells called melanocytes. These cells become abnormal, grow uncontrollably and aggressively invade surrounding tissues. Although melanoma is less common than other types of skin cancer is the most serious.
The cause of sarcoidosis has not been clarified until now, but it requires conditioning environmental factors and genetic factors. Approximately half of asymptomatic cases evolve. Typology of symptoms depends on the organ. The lungs are frequently involved, the problem becomes visible on a radiograph.